What Do We Measure In An Internet Speed Test?
Speed.one Internet Speed Test checks how fast is your internet connection speed and bandwidth for broadband WiFi and mobile networks.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Open a browser and type speed.one in the address bar.
- Select a Host ISP or let it choose the optimal ISP automatically.
- Press the ‘GO’ button to start the Internet Speed Test.
There can be a number of factors on why the speed test result was lower than expected. To ensure you get the best results follow the tips below:
- Connect the router to your device using an Ethernet cable. Should you must use the wireless Wi-Fi network, move the router or modem close to your PC or Mobile in which you are testing.
- Pause downloads or any background activities such as software updates, streaming music or videos. Ideally no other devices should be connected while performing the internet speed test.
- Talk with your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and ensure that you are subscribed to the correct internet plan. If you are using an optical fiber connection, a technician should examine of any possible interference.
A good download speed is at-least 100 Mbps, and a good upload speed is at-least 10 Mbps. A 100 Mbps connection can stream Netflix or YouTube, attend video conferences, and play online games in multiple devices at the same time.
|Activity||Minimum Download Speed (Mbps)|
|General Browsing, Email, Social Media, and Standard VoIP and Video Call (e.g., Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Skype)||1-5 Mbps|
|Streaming High Definition (HD) Video, Game Console Connecting to the Internet, and HD Video Teleconferencing.||5-10 Mbps|
|Online Multiplayer Gaming, File Downloading and Uploading, Streaming Ultra HD 4K Video.||10-25 Mbps|